Union Territory, Chandigarh, Right to Information
(Regulation Of Fee and Cost) Rules, 2005
Published in the Chandigarh administration Gazette,
(Extra), dated October 4, 2005/Asvina 12, 1927
The 4th October, 2005
No. 9/8/1-IH (1)-2005/18485.-
In exercise of the Power Conferred by clause (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv) of sub-section (2) of section 28 read with clause (e) section 2 of the Right Information Act, 2005 (22 of 2005), and all other powers enabling him in this behalf, the Administrator, Union Territory, Chandigarh hereby makes the following rules, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement.
(1) These rules may be called the Union Territory, Chandigarh, Right to Information (Regulation of Fee and Cost) Rules 2005.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette
In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires.-
(a) ‘ACT’ means the right to Information Act 2005;
(b) ‘Section’ means the Section of the Act, 2005;
(c) All other words and expressions used herein but not defined and defined in the Act shall have the meanings assigned to them in the Act.
3. A request of obtaining information under sub-section
(1) of section 6 shall be accompanied by an application fee of rupees ten by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque payable to the Accounts Officer of the public authority.
4. For providing the information under sub-section
(1) of 7, the fee shall be charged by way of case against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque payable to the Accounts Officer of the public authority at the following rates:-
(a) Rupees two for each page (in A-4 or A-3 size paper) created or copied;
(b) Actual charge or cost price of a copy in larger size paper;
(c) Actual cost or price for samples or models; and
(d) For inspection of records, no fee for the first hour; and fee of rupees five for each fifteen minutes (or fraction thereof) thereafter.
5. For providing the information under subsection (5) of section 7
the fee shall be charged by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque payable to the accounts Officer of the public Authority at the following rates; –
(a) For information provided in diskette or floppy rupees fifty per diskette or floppy and
(b) For information provided in printed form at the price fixed for such publication or rupees two per page of photocopy for extracts from the publication.